A fashion, food and music blog for the fashionably conscious or unconscious,open minded, and independent thinkers!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thrift Store Shopping Adventures

I FINALLY I made it to a thrift store 40 minutes away from my home that I have not been to in about 3 years. This whole week I've been having good shopping days- finding great bargains under $5 at Urban Outfitters, shopping with and getting to know my new coworkers, and today marks the greatest day in my thrift shopping history of great vintage finds.

I found an amazing green,red, and yellow plaid flannel shirt that I tried on top of my outfit for about $2. In which it made my outfit look ten times better. I was wearing a cobalt blue unitard with slouchy deconstructed pirate cream colored boots and a new kids on the block t-shirt. I've been looking for a great plaid men's flannel shirt forever and when I found it earlier this month, I washed it and never saw it again. On a brighter note, today I found a pale blue with a hint of silver lacy slip that is very reminiscent to slips worn in the 40s. I got that for about $3. I also found a skirt that looks very much like something in the current Marc Jacobs fall line. I will wear as a dress. It has a subtle floral print of midnight blue,forest green, and pink. It cost about $2. Totaling up to about $8 plus tax. Great deal I would say, eh?

No comments: