A fashion, food and music blog for the fashionably conscious or unconscious,open minded, and independent thinkers!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Two Thousand Heaven!



I love the New Year! It encourages you to change your habits, do new things, and makes you rethink how you plan to finally get to your dream goals! I stopped making New Year's resolutions about three years ago because I felt like nothing was getting accomplished. I would start the change and within 2 weeks I would give up or forget about it. So what's the point? I feel like I get more done anyways when I don't make an actual resolution at midnight on New Years Eve. So far it has been working out great for me. So instead of resolutions, I'll tell you guys my goals I hope to accomplish for 2011 and show ya'll some of the clothing I'm loving in this New Year. If it doesn't get acheived, I won't beat myself up over it. There's always next year right?

1. Keep teaching myself how to cook. Cook more ethnic recipes! Buy more cookbooks! ( I already two this year!=an Indian Cookbook and 500 recipe plus book(which includes many ethnic foods)

2. Get an Internship for the Summer, preferably with a magazine and hopefully in New York Austin, Miami or San Francisco. I'm fine with staying in Atlanta too!

3. Visit Mexico City. I love traveling and M.C. is on the top of my list. I am absolutely in LOVE with Mexican Folklore Art, handmade items and Mexican/ Aztec architecture. I hear many stories about how cool and underrated the city is. StreetPeeper.com always shows the awesome street style of Mexico City, plus a vacation there shouldn't be too hard on my wallet. My friend Olivia and I are talking about renting an apartment in the middle of downtown Mexico City for about a month.

Nothing too far fetched right? Pretty realistic I say.

Had my first cupcake of 2011 already and obviously I was excited! Really excited that my afro hair can now go into a perfectly wrapped bun. White Chocolate Macadamia Cupcake with ultra high icing. YUM!


 Here are some of the stuff I'm dreaming about right now...


Jeffrey Cambell " One O One" $134.95
Military inspired wedges!
solestruck.com

Finsk $589 solestruck.com
I can't afford these shoes but they are nice to look at or at least dream about! Some people might be thinking these may be comfortable but promise they will be. I tryed on a similar pair on in the store and they were ridiculously comfortable, and I don't live in heels everyday. They're so architectural but simple

Gee Wa Wa $234.95 solestruck.com
Love Love LOVE these shoes! So weirdly cool! I love the heel and I would probably be 6'1 in these shoes!


Seneca Rising Pynes Romper $168 Nastygal.com
Anyone who has been reading for a while or at least personally knows me, KNOWS that I am a true lover of rompers, playsuits, onesie- whatever you want to call them! They are so playful, comfortable and can wear with just about anything. I love the styling of this look also. The color is beautifuI! need to pair some knee highs with a few of my rompers in my closet collection. 


Leopard Harem Pants $48 nastygal.com
I'm really into printed African esque baggy pants right now! I want at least 7 pairs by the end of March so I can wear them all winter, carry them into the spring and wear nonstop in the Summer. I'm all for Leopard. These are a dream.

Aztec Jumpsuit $68

Here's another one! African printed and a romper!? Need this for my closet collection! Not badly priced either.

Exposed Harem Pants $68 nastygal.com
These sheer harem pants are GENIUS! Perfect the summer. Layer underneath some crazy printed leggings. I can see it now....

I'm all giddy all over these things! I found much more stuff but we can save those for future posts! Enjoy your day, wherever you are in the world! Happy New Year!

xo
Lesly

No comments: