A fashion, food and music blog for the fashionably conscious or unconscious,open minded, and independent thinkers!

Monday, January 31, 2011

New Media Project



New Photos of my everyday outfits coming soon! I helped my friend out with a group project for her New Media class. She asked me to model for a photo shoot. I'm usually really shy on photo shoots and decline if someone asks me to model. But she explained the whole concept and I thought it would be really cool to be apart of it, plus I could post it on The Fashion Scavenger when its finished to share with you guys.

The concept is about a girl who can't decide on what to wear so she goes through tons and tons of different outfits. Each shot is of a different outfit with me changing in and out of the clothes. I used my own clothes/accessories and shoes for the shoot which helped me to be a little bit more comfortable in front of camera. I was uber excited that I could style myself. Usually its me styling other models for a photo shoot, so this was fun and different.The photographer took about 300-500 shots and will piece them together to make a stop motion film! I had to stand in the same spot the whole time and nothing could move like the camera, mirror behind me or the progressively scattered clothes around the room.
We did the shoot in one of the other group member's high rise apartment overlooking the Atlanta skyline. It was so beautiful! The shoot took place in her room, which was very Parisian and minimal with huge bed and windows! We used natural lighting, so as my outfits went from day to night, so did the actual lighting. My hair and makeup changes progressively also, starting off with a more natural look and then towards the end I'm made up and ready to go! I saw a preview of one photo from a girls phone and it looked great! Everyone involved were super sweet, talented and I'm honored that they asked me to be apart of it. I should have the stop motion film and individual photos by next week!

No comments: