A fashion, food and music blog for the fashionably conscious or unconscious,open minded, and independent thinkers!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day, Please go away!


Hey Everybody!

I've been snowed in for about 2 days now, so I might as well write a new post! Who knew it snowed so much in Atlanta?! I mean I can't go anywhere or do anything outside my apartment, so let's make this a productive day! I slept in late because I was up late last night watching The Terminal with Tom Hanks and cried my eyes out! It's rare that a movie makes me cry and if I do cry, it much be a really great movie. I also have a huge crush on Tom Hanks too.

 I woke up from great night's sleep, and made an amazing iced espresso drink in my own kitchen! I just got an espresso machine and it's been taking me a while to get a good brew of espresso.I finally think I perfected it. Making espresso is a science and is definitely a trial and error process. First of all, you need an espresso roast and not regular coffee to make a great espresso drink. I know, it seems obvious, but discussion forums online said I could use any type of coffee for espresso, so I bought this pumpkin spice blend. Realized the coffee sucked and luckily a coffee friend told me there is an espresso roast and thats what I need. Found the espresso roast and this is what lead me to great espresso in the morning. While the espresso was brewing, I poured in a little vanilla syrup at the bottom of the mug, glazed the inside of the mug with chocolate syrup, poured in espresso, ice, and some soy milk! Delicious and easy!

 Moving on from my coffee adventures, I haven't done a men's post in a long time, so today will be for men! I love so many different types of styles for men, especially since they are pretty much limited to only jeans, shirts, and jackets. More men are now buying accessories more than ever and it's looking great because it's giving the "jeans and shirt" look a more personalized style. I'm all for mixing styles up for men, as well as for women. I mean it's more fun that way when you can experiment and not be so serious! One day, it's preppy, the next its more old school hip hop, or maybe the next is more european or the next is more skater,etc. It's all about buying staples and classics that will last you a long time and that are of great quality. You want items that you can get a lot of use out of and not just something you can wear with only one thing or one color.There are so many options! Here are some of my favorite men items right now...

Bench Ant Neck Logo Jacket $51.72 asos.com
Simple, light and with a zipper funnel neck jacket. Very interesting and an effortless jacket to just throw on and look put together. I don't understand why this model looks so uncomfortable and stiff in this jacket but he should cheer up because it's a dope jacket! 

Lambretta Terrace Jacket $117 asos.com
This lightweight jacket is pretty pricey for a jacket but I think it would be a nice investment. Military inspired. Great piece for layers. Throw on a cardigan underneath the jacket in a print or color and put a coat on top to pull off the rest of the look.




Asos Peacoat $65 asos.com
This jacket is on sale right now for $65. It used to be $129.This is a really great deal for a peacoat and will be warm for the winter.Its 61% wool 27% polyester, viscose and acrylic. This jacket is heavier weight than the top two so you may not need to wear a cardigan underneath but would still look good with one. This can go with anything. Throw on an oversized scarf, a great watch, leather gloves, and a little hat.Very cute and classic!

Asos Military Trench coat $60.34 asos.com
Wool mixed Trenchcoat! Another classic that will last you for years. Timeless and will never go out of style. This one has military detailing with a double breast design.

Gant Rugger Ranger Parker $218 asos.com
Alright this Parka may not keep you warm but it is such an amazing jacket! Great colors! A little pricey but I don't doubt you guys can find something similar and for much cheaper. Love the styling of this photo too! Navajo knit sweater underneath the parker with cuffed jeans and some combat boots. Comfortable, unpretentious and natural.
Nike AW77 Stadium Sweatshirt $80 karmaloop.com
Man I love me some Karmaloop! Urban, hip independent site with a ridiculous amounts of clothing,accessories and shoes just waiting to be bought up! If you are more of a sweatshirt type of guy, here's an amazing sweatshirt. Has a 90's feel but yet very modern too. 
Apliiq The Signal Fire Hoody $89 karmaloop.com
LOVE THIS! Love the inside of this hoodie. I think I might want this for myself.

Crooks & Castles  Contrast Crew Sweatshirt $90 Karmaloop.com
I'm always for stripes, especially vertical ones. Makes you look taller and slimmer. 

Bed Stu $134. 95 solestruck.com
Oooo! I love these boots! I love these boots! I love these boots! I guess I'm really feeling this military takeover, but its so great. That back flap pocket is so unexpected and cool. No details about this shoe but it looks like a mix of suede and leather! YES!

Timbaland Tackhead Boot $289.95 solestruck.com
Great boot to invest in! Made of leather and lined with wool on the inside to keep your feet warm! Instead of glued, the shoe is sewn and stitched, meaning these will last for a really long time before actually falling apart and I'm talking at least 7 years!  

Abington by Timbaland $219.95 solestruck.com
Love the red laces! Very casual cool. Leather and suede!


I know some of these items are kind of pricey but discount code sites, like retailmenot.com, can give you promotion codes for any website usually ending up in free shipping or 30% or more discounts. It's worth it!You just type in the website you're shopping on and it will list all discount codes that you can use. AMAZING!

Hope everybody has a good day today! Au Revoir!
xo Lesly







No comments: