A fashion, food and music blog for the fashionably conscious or unconscious,open minded, and independent thinkers!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Snowed in Soundtrack

I finally made it out of my apartment after being snowed in for the last 4 days. I was able to freely speed on the road today instead of having to drive like 5 miles an hour! I have been out over this past weekend but I was still limited on where I could go. The streets were still icy and some places still were't open. This was my first time being snowed in and honestly had no clue what to do with my self! I was going crazy just being stuck inside with only some food, internet and cable. Even though it partially sucked, the other half was pretty amazing! Boredom brought me to catching up on reading books and  some blogs I haven't read in a while, did some cooking, playing with makeup and hair( to the point of me looking like a clown), video chatting all day, and most importantly I found some new music! I'm always on a hunt for music I never heard about! It gets me all giddy! I found out about Radio Dept., Frightened Rabbit, George & Jonathan! I even gave Slum Village a listen and I was in shock by how amazing their sound was. Here are some of the albums I played nonstop this whole week.. Actually I think they were my most played albums in ITunes in 2010.

My Snowed in soundtrack for the week.

1. Corinne Bailey Rae: The Sea




2. Gorillaz: Plastic Beach



3. Kate Nash: Made of Bricks




4. The Radio Dept: Clinging to a Scheme ( this is one of the new bands I discovered and I think they just might be my favorite new band!)




5. Karen O and the Kids: Where the Wild Things Are Soundtrack



One of my favorite videos and songs from the Arctic Monkeys. Video is kind of sad but well directed.Lyrics are amazing. Man I cannot stop playing this song! Its soo good! Enjoy!



If you get a chance to check it out, Kate Nash actually did a cover of this song and its equally as amazing!

Au Revoir!

1 comment:

LeslyNichel said...

Thank you! Your blog is great also!